EN: Scrim


Commonly, a screen-like metal mesh used in front of a light to reduce intensity, not to diffuse it. But thanks to the mystery and magic of show biz, other devices that do diffuse are sometimes called scrims, especially in the world of theater. Tip: If you can see a clear image through the material, there s no Diffusion and no confusion. Also see: Net.
Tiffan edu Glossary




a translucent device used to diffuse and soften the light, could be a reflector with a translucent panel or option. Also used on movie sets scrims can be made extremely large, several feet across, and clamped in place to create shade where these is direct sun without it.

Cel Mai folosit cuvant: translucent | Domeniu Aplicare : Fotografie | Caractere: 219 Cuvinte: 49 | Limba: Engleza | Sursa Digital Photography School Speeking photography